Carpet is one of the most popular styles of flooring to have installed in your home. The look and feel of carpet can dramatically improve the appearance of any room in your house, but it is crucial to know how to properly maintain your carpeting.
If carpet is not cleaned regularly, its appearance and lifespan will be on the decline. There are several different common carpet problems that lead to a homeowner requiring professional carpet cleaning services. Here are some things you can keep an eye out for when you are trying to maintain the look of your carpet.
- Carpet Indentation - Several different types of carpet material can easily be morphed by the heavy pieces of furniture and large objects that you place on top of it. These indentations will make your carpet look worn and dirty
- High Traffic Areas - These are the paths and areas that your family walks on more frequently than the rest of your carpet. You might notice a high traffic area from the door to your room to a couch or another door.
- Soiling - The material that your carpet is made out of can often trap dirt and soil deep within the fibers. So deep that a normal vacuum cleaner can have a difficult time removing these spots.
- Staining - Stains such as ink stains, wine stains, juice stains, coffee stains and more are just about impossible to remove on your own. Although, you should attempt to wipe them away immediately, you need the assistances of an experienced carpet cleaner.
- Odor - Carpet is also known for locking in any type of odor or foul smell.
4 Tips for Keeping Your Carpet Cleaned
Having carpet installed in your home is a smart move. This type of flooring is inexpensive, and it is easily customized to match the interior decor of any home. When you first install carpet in your home, it looks great. However, the trick is properly maintaining your carpet to keep it looking this fresh. There are four main things you can do to keep your carpet clean and attractive looking.
Vacuuming is not a difficult task, and it is something you can do on a daily basis to ensure that your carpet is clean. Even if your carpet looks clean on the surface, you should still run your vacuum over it once a day. Dirt, soil and other particles can sink deep within your carpet's fibers. You might not see them, but they will affect the look and the coloring of your carpet.
Clean Spots and Spills Immediately
Most of the time, accidents are unavoidable. No matter how good of care you provide for you carpet, sooner or later, something is going to be spilled or dropped on it. When this happens, you should take action immediately.
When spilt items and stains are allowed to soak into the fibers of your carpet, they may
never come out. Some of the most popular carpet stains include:
As a responsible carpet-owner, you should always have spot remover and professional cleaning supplies on hand. When you make these products available to yourself and your family, it can improve the look of your carpet.
Deodorize the Carpet Regularly
Since carpet can hold a lot of dirt and dust particles deep within it, it is significant that your carpet be deodorize regularly. Although it does not have to be done daily like vacuuming, deodorize needs to be a part of the regular carpet maintenance.
The carpet in your home is made out of a specific fiber. However, all fibers trap in smells. This is true even if your carpet is vacuumed and cleaned regularly. Specialized deodorizing products are available, and they work to keep a carpet smelling clean.
Call a Professional Carpet Cleaning Company
Since your home is such a high traffic area, you are constantly having people walk on your carpet. These people bring with them dirty, dust and soil from outside. These items get lodged into your carpet fibers, and basic home cleaning methods will not remove them or clean your carpet.
Only a professional carpet cleaning company will have the equipment and tools to clean your carpet down to the core. This will not only improve the appearance of the carpet, but it can improve the health of you and your family. Removing dirt, dust and other contaminants from the carpet improves the quality of air around your home. It is recommended that a carpet be cleaned once every 12 to 18 months.