Search Engine Optimization For Contractors
Don’t Make The Fatal Mistake
All too often, home improvement contractors think all they need to do to succeed is to put up their web site. That is also, all too often, their fatal mistake. Footbridge Media has the knowledge and experience to direct your contractor web marketing efforts so they bring in the web visitors you need to succeed.
The other mistake home improvement businesses make is thinking that all they have to do is get the visitors to their web site.
While this is important, you must also understand how to convert those visitors to take the action you want – whether it be to buy your products, fill out a form, or whatever. Don’t be fooled by sales calls, guarantees, purchased email lists and other techniques that are riddled with problems or that simply don’t work.
Use the tried and true methods that Footbridge Media has learned and developed over the years.
The Truth About Search Engines
You will get most of your web site leads through search engines. But you have to be on the first screen of a search result to get attention. Really successful companies get in the top three listings on the first page.
Don’t be fooled. You can’t buy your way on these lists.
It takes hard work and time with all the competition today to get these prime listings. Even after you achieve such a listing, it takes continuing work to keep it. Yes, it is hard work but well worth the effort. It has made the difference between businesses that close down their web sites and those that flourish.
Until you can get a top ten search engine listing, you need to purchase pay-per-click ads if you want any chance of getting the attention of web browsers today. Footbridge Media knows how to pick the best search terms to purchase to minimize costs while maximizing effectiveness. If you do nothing else, do this! Please click on the button below to get started.
Our Contractor Marketing Team Takes Care of Everything
- Evaluate your overall web site effectiveness
- Optimize your web site for search engine placements
- Get you great placements in the search engines
- Setup relevant cross-site links
- Improve web site navigation and overall layout
- Make Website content changes
- Install Google Analytics and Webmaster tools
Local Search Engine Optimization For Contractors
If you’re a home improvement company and currently marketing on the Internet you should be very excited. Your customers are turning to the Internet to find companies just like yours. It is the next wave of the Internet, or more like a Tsunami.
On the other hand, if you are sitting on the sidelines, you should be very concerned. For those contractors that do not adapt their marketing strategies, they will suffer grave consequences.
The way customer’s search for local businesses is changing:
- 74% of U.S. households use the Internet as a source when shopping locally.
- 20% of all searches among this population are local.
- 45% of local searches had a buying intent.
- Within a year there has been a 13% decrease in yellow pages usage.
- Local marketing on the web is on a par with newspapers as a local shopping resource and should soon supersede newspapers.
The question is – when a prospect searches for your type of business on the Internet will they find YOU or your competitor? And if they find you, will you have a Internet marketing system in place that converts them into a profitable customer? If you cannot answer “Yes” to both of those questions, then you have a problem.
As a local home improvement owner you are probably struggling to figure out this whole “Internet marketing thing.”
One of the obvious barriers a contractor confronts when attempting to market online is complexity and confusion. There’s obviously a learning curve and the whole process takes time. Unlike offline marketing, where strategies and techniques are time-honored, the Internet is relatively new to the promotional field. There are no standards or turnkey solutions.
The current problem contractors face is that everyone wants to sell you solutions. They want to sell you a web site solution, a search engine marketing solution, an e-mail marketing solution, etc. But these are all parts of the puzzle, and what you need is a complete system that uses all these parts and more to convert customers. You need a web conversion system. One that sucks in prospects and spits out profitable customers.
An Effective Local SEO System Should Consist of Three Steps:
– Most contractors are simply building online brochures, and in most cases really bad ones. The power of the Internet allows you to create a potent interface that lets you persuasively present your business, while interacting with your customers. It provides two-way communication, something lacking in all offline promotions.
Surprisingly, most web designers lack the ability to create a web conversion system. They have little comprehension of the power of web dynamics and how it applies to basic marketing techniques. They’re satisfied in building you an ineffectual online brochure, and will often charge considerable money for it.
They may pay lip service to marketing strategies like search engine optimization, pay per click advertising and email marketing. But in general they are incapable of implementing successful marketing campaigns. You need to educate yourself on how to make the Internet work for your business. They are few who are capable of doing it for you.
– There is no denying there are tried and true offline techniques for marketing your local business. But the Internet offers opportunities to geo-target your customers like never before. There are two overpowering reasons why you need to market online:
- Your customers are increasingly turning to the Internet to search for local products and services like yours.
- The Internet offers the opportunity to significantly reduce your cost per acquisition.
Only a year ago there were few options for reaching your local audiences online, now the opportunities are exploding. The early players in this field are going to have a distinct advantage. Through search engine optimization, pay per click advertising and local directory listings you can explode your sales.
– On a local level, customer conversion is more then getting a customer to walk into your showroom or give you a call–(although, that is one of the goals). Your focus is maximizing the lifetime value of your customer. The technology of the Internet allows you to not only interface with your customers, but also interact.
Through email newsletters, request forms, auto-responders and interactive programs, you can create an on-going dialogue with prospects, and form a trusted relationship with customers. And many of the conversion processes can be automated. That means when you are not open for business, your web conversion system is still in the process of converting. Only a very small number of businesses are tapping these conversion resources.
Are you starting to get a feel on how the Internet can impact your local business? With the right strategies you’ll be on the cutting edge of the next Internet wave. With the right knowledge you can avoid the “confusion and complexity.” Please click on the button below to get started
…and that is just the on-site part of optimization. Once your website is completed and live, our citation and submission department will take care of your off-site optimization.
Off-Site Optimization Provided in Our Contractor Marketing Program
- Setting up all of your Local places citations including Bing, Yahoo and Google
- Complete and ensure submission to over a hundred directories to help with your optimization
- Submit your site to our own contractor directory and websites
Make Sure You Optimize The Right Way – Don’t Be Fooled
Footbridge Media knows that good search engine placement can be the difference between success and failure on the web. It’s also one of the most cost effective ways to advertise since almost 70% of everybody who will find your site will use a search engine to get there.
Today it seems that every search engine is using different algorithms for listing websites. Footbridge Media has gained a great understanding of this process. We never use spamming or unethical listing methods that could get you kicked off the search engines. We use hard work and a detailed plan to make sure your website is placing as well as it can on search engines.
Footbridge Media always tells our clients exactly what we are doing and never try to hide or mislead our clients.
Latest Contractor Marketing Articles on Search Engine Optimization
- Google Authorship Guide: Step-By-Step Tutorial For 2013
We’ve talked here before about the perks of Google Authorship, most notability that lovely little image in your Google Search Engine Results page that help to separate your page from the competition and improve your click through rates. Today, we’ll go through a quick step-by-step tutorial to guide you through the process. Guide To Google...Read More
- Another Google Penguin Update Has Arrived
What is Penguin? Google launched the Penguin Update in April 2012 to better catch sites deemed to be spamming its search results, in particular those doing so by buying links or obtaining them through link networks designed primarily to boost Google rankings. The Penguin update is a combination of Google’s Quality rater program as well...Read More
You Also Get The Following Services with Our Marketing Program