September, 2017Archive for
Your contractor website is made up of many moving pieces. Any web company can throw up a site for you – but it takes some critical thinking and online marketing expertise to ensure your website is converting prospective users into leads and clients. Let’s go over 5 things that your contractor website gets wrong – and how to fix that.
More Information »
The postcard has taken on new prominence as a kind of “anti-internet” agent. Homeowners are paying more attention than ever to postcards they receive in the mail, and are responding to offers at high rates.
87% of mail recipients claim to at least scan postcards that they receive. So it is very important that the design of the postcard.
When it comes to contractor postcard marketing, there are many factors to its success. Postcard marketing for contractors is an affordable marketing tool that gets directly into your customers hands.
10 Factors For Quality Contractor Postcard Marketing Design
Listed below are the 10 most important factors when it comes to a home improvement contractor and their postcard design.
- A Bold Headline – The headline should explain in what you are offering. Many contractors make the mistake of using their logo or company name as the largest aspect of a postcard, but the headline should be what you are offering to the homeowner.
- Bold Colors – If getting noticed is the primary goal of postcard design, it stands to reason that you would select bright, attention getting colors for your postcard design. In the sample design color can trigger emotion as autumn colors.
- Graphic or Photo That Supports Headline – A strong photo that details what the headline is stating.
- Benefits – Many contractors display a list of services or industry jargon. Instead always put a clear benefit for the homeowner.
- A strong Call to action on both sides of the card – How do you want people to contact you? Phone number and your website should be prominent. Always direct people to what they need to do next.
- A second headline on the back of the card which leads to call to action – Either your phone number or web address or both. Encourage quick action. Give homeowners a good reason to act now, perhaps a fast action bonus with a deadline.
- Offer or discount – Make sure that your offer has an expiration date, this way the homeowner may be more likely to use.
- Company Name and Logo
- Return address
- Contact information highlighted or in bold
Postcards can be an effective and affordable part of your contractor marketing program. So don’t let a lack of writing experience stop you from using them. View the latest in contractor postcard designs at: https://www.footbridgemarketing.com/collections/postcards
Marketing is a constant endeavor. It’s not just about getting in front of new people – it’s about getting in front of the people repeatedly. Multi-Touch Marketing is about presenting your company’s image and selling the benefits of using your business to prospective customers multiple times.
The “Rule of Seven” is the original multi-touch marketing. The idea is that the more often you get your message in front of a customer, the greater the chance you have on closing a deal. It’s why salespeople don’t take the first no for an answer. It’s why you see or hear the same commercials over and over again.
Your business marketing program should be well-rounded and cover a variety of mediums, with the ultimate goal of hitting multiple potential users in multiple formats.
More Information »
Running a small business means you have to wear a lot of hats. If you are a sole proprietor or the owner/operator of a small crew, that means you have to do it all. Billing and payroll, training, supply orders, the whole nine yards. And that responsibility extends to how your business is presented to the world.
Don’t want to deal with that whole marketing thing? Too bad. If you operate a small business – then you’re in the marketing business too, whether you like it or not.
A business cannot rely solely on word-of-mouth or a single method of obtaining leads. You need to have a strategy with multiple fronts; and that involves active participation. Marketing can not be a set-it-and-forget-it endeavor. If you run a business, you must run a plan to actively market your business – even if you have an online marketing company working with you.
More Information »